Castell de Castells
The starting point is from the Macroschematic Art Museum (after visiting the exhibition), from where the route heads towards the streets known as Carrer de Sant Roc, Carrer de Sant Vicent and Carrer de Sant Joaquim, so as to exit the village through the neighbourhood called Barri de La Creu. At that point there is a path that goes down to the washing place and the source known as Font del Xorro. This path coincides in some sections with the PR-CV 168 trail. Afterwards, the route heads towards an irrigation pond and one must then pass with caution over the bridge called Pont de Les Hortes that overlooks the Bitla road.
Following this road, after approximately 300 metres there is the old mill of Xancosa on the right and then, crossing the river, the abandoned Bitla settlement (first mentioned in documents in the year 1244).
Then, cross the river and go down towards Petracos on the right side of the river, next to the CV-720 road, until reaching the mill known as Molí de Gomis.
At this point, cross the river and take the path called Camí Vell d'Espelta which is located on the right about 20 metres from the mill, and then follow the path until reaching the abandoned settlement called Espelta (1244). Passing by the Espelta spring, one can see a dirt path on the left after approximately 770 metres; take this path and walk along it for about 600 metres so as to then connect with a path on the right which goes towards the Pla de Petracos sanctuary, along the road that leads to La Vall d’Ebo. A few metres to the right there is an access to the sanctuary of Pla de Petracos where one can admire the macroschematic cave paintings. From this point, the return journey is along the same route.
Places of interest:
- Museu d’Art Macroesquemàtic (the Macroschematic Art Museum).
- The Xorro spring and washing place.
- Irrigation pond.
- The bridge known as Pont de Les Hortes.
- The mill called Molí de Xancosa.
- The mill known as Molí de Gomis.
- The spring called Font d’Espetla.
- The Pla de Petracos sanctuary.